WOMENS WELFARE COMMITTEE:
Prologue : To propel the women of our society for better tomorrow and greater opportunities, Women’s Welfare Committee was formed in the year 2004.
The main objectives of women’s welfare committee is to:1) Work for the welfare of the women in the community.
2) Enrich the empowerment of the women.
3) Boost the self confidence and morale of women of the society.
4) Create awareness about family welfare programmes.
5) Give training in various self employment programmes and energise women to be successful.
The committee consists of not less than seven members with Chairman – Vice President IV Heading the committee.
The office tenure of the committee is 2 years.
1) Self Employment Programme: Training in Tailoring, Zardosi and Computers is continuing. Mrs. Rajini Reddy, Mrs. D. Swaroopa, Mrs. G. Manjula, Mrs. N. Shamantha and Mrs. Pramoda are the directors of the programme.
2) Widow-Re-marriage alliance: Mrs. Kanthamma Chairperson and Mrs. G. Amruthalatha Reddy, Mrs. G. Vijaya Kumari Reddy, Mrs. K. Amrutha Reddy and Mrs. Urmila Reddy are directors of this program.
3) Legal Awareness Programme: was conducted on 9th September.
The topics discussed by Guest Speaker Mr. Mangari Rajender (SCC- Legal Service Authority) the topic were:
4) Dasara Sambaralu: Mrs. Amrutha Reddy, Mrs. Sharmila Reddy, Mrs. Sugandha Reddy, Mrs. Manjula Reddy, Mrs. Sravanthi Reddy, Mrs. Rama Ranjith Reddy, Mrs. Swaroopa Rani, Mrs. Arundathi Reddy – were directors and conducted for 2days.
5) Health Camp: Was held on 16th December in school premises under the chairman ship of Dr. Kavitha Reddy and Directors Dr. Padmini, Mrs. Swarupa Rani, Mrs. Sarala Reddy about 15 doctors of various further conducted free Health Check up camp.
6) Pot luck lunch: It was decided by Chairman Mrs. Paripurna and directors K. Manjula Reddy, Padma Reddy, Sunitha Reddy and Mrs. Bhagya Laxmi to arrange pot luck lunch for the inmates of old age Home – Alambana.
7) Seminar on women empowerment was conducted in February and Mrs. Kusumalatha Reddy Founder Member, Ex-Advisor, Ex-Correspondent of R.B.V.R.R. High School was felicitated.
8) Education & Historical Tour: Tour to Mulkanoor the co-operative society situated in remote area of Karimnagar District was organized.
9) Jigel-Jigel Mela: This was conducted in August to raise funds for developing computer lab for women.
10) Womens in Marketing: Musical nite was conducted by Smt. Sarala of Alambana Group. A society stall was set up by ladies with traditional Nizamabad refreshments and garments stitched by the trainers of self employment project.
11) On 22nd October 2009, visited North village of Kothapeta village of Mahabubnagar District and distributed goods of Rs.35,000/- to flood affected families.